Monday, July 8, 2013

Blog #8 "Off to Camp” or “The Importance of Travel”


Well, my Hannah bee is off to Sawtooth camp this week.  Her brother Ryan is excited he gets the TV all to himself!
at the Sawtooth Fish Hatchery~
 

When Hannah gets back we’ll be off on our trip to Oregon. After that, she gets a week at home and then she’s on the road to Grandma’s for a week or two. She’s a busy girl.  School starts August 19, so she doesn’t have much time left to fit it all in, but it’s good for her. Travel is good for all of us actually.
Redfish Lake~
I know, you’re saying, “it’s expensive” or “I don’t have the time”, but it doesn’t have to be very far or very long to have a benefit.  Seeing new things and having new, out of the ordinary experiences energizes us.  When we’re little, everything is new and exciting to us. As we get older, we tend to fall into a rut, mostly because of our daily obligations. If we let ourselves stay in that space too long, we get tired and sometimes cynical.  We have to break out of routine every so often to keep ourselves sane.

Sawtooth Valley, Idaho~
My mom came to visit recently and we took several day trips. None of them were more than two hours away, but it was nice to get out of the house and see some new scenery for a change. I want to challenge you this summer to go somewhere you’ve never been.  Then come back and tell me how much you loved it because I know you will ;)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa - That's good advice. My husband and I have lived in a few different Canadian cities over the years and have enjoyed getting to know as many local parks and hiking trails as possible in each area. So you're right, you don't have to go far to see new things and appreciate beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it could even be ask simple as going to a new store or a new place for dinner. Most places have attractions many locals never bother to go to. I can think of a couple around here I've never been to! :D

    ReplyDelete