Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Blog #17 On the Edge of Land and Sea




If this blog reaches you on July 17, it means I’ve found a wifi coffee shop here in Oregon and somehow managed to upload a few words. The house we’re staying in is a lovely little cottage, but it has no cell service or wifi. Not even the kind you can steal from your neighbor, not that I ever would. ;) My phone has effectively become an expensive, electric brick.

Oceanside is really just a collection of houses perched on a steep hill beside the ocean. The night we arrived, Ryan and I went down to check out the beach. I can’t remember the last time I’ve been so cold on a beach. The wind chill was bone withering. Coming from ninety degree temps to this was a shock. I found myself wishing I had brought more coats, jackets, sweaters, and hoodies! Where I grew up, going to the beach meant shorts and sunburns, so it’s always an adjustment coming to Oregon.

Still, we’ve had fun. It is good to unplug a bit, but I’m not sure I’d say I’ve loved it. I’ve missed refreshing my blog forty times a day and responding to your comments. I’ve missed Twitter because I’m addicted to it. I admit it.  I scheduled several blogs to post in advance of the trip here because I thought I’d be busy, not because I knew I wouldn’t have access! Good thing too, or I’d be way behind on my #31day blog challenge. J

More to come about the writing conference…stay tuned, same Bat channel!

2 comments:

  1. Oh good, I'm not the only one that refreshes their blog 40 times a day. I feel slightly better about my OCD in that department. Congratulations on finding a wifi spot and bigger congratulations on the dedication to find a way to post even while on vacation. Looking forward to hearing about the conference. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I've been driven slightly batty, to be sure :) thanks for your comment. I feel about not being able to support the other bloggers this week. These slow connections make web surfing simply impossible! But I will be home soon, back to my old tricks! take care, Lisa

    ReplyDelete