Monday, July 29, 2013

Blog 29 Exciting News Peeps!!


I’ve accepted an offer from Month9Books to e-publish my young adult, scifi fantasy manuscript, Vessel in early 2015!  Hehe!  So excited! 2015 sounds very far away, but it’s really not and I’m sure I’ll have lots of editing work to do on it in the meantime.  But for now, I feel like celebrating!  Somebody give me a beer! I could actually use the expression ‘squee’ and I normally hate that expression ;)

Month9 is not a traditional small press. It’s a bit of a new breed, I guess you might say.  This book will be sold as an e-book until it sells enough units and would then be available in print. I suppose that lessens the risk for the publisher that they might be left with a bunch of copies if it doesn’t sell.  I’m not averse to saving some trees. It’s a little funny though, since the book is about humans that have lost all their digital data due to solar storms, including all their books. Ha!

I don’t have too much more to tell at this point. Now is when the work starts. If you hear me moaning and groaning about editing in the coming months, feel free to metaphorically slap me.  I’ll deserve it. As always, stay tuned for updates.  And since the cat is out of the bag, I might as well release my formerly private Pinterest board for the book.  Enjoy~


 
 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Lisa!! So happy for you! 'Squee' away:)
    Hélène

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think my brain really believes it yet...:) I'm so glad I found you online! Lets keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete