Monday, February 10, 2014

#5Things on #valentinesday

Happy Valentines's Day peeps :)

I wrote the whiniest blog post the other day. Thank goodness I didn’t save it. It was terrible! Suffice to say, I must have been feeling sorry for myself, which is never pleasant to read. I am decidedly not a winter person. Instead, I want to tell you about a new twitter friend I’ve met who almost exclusively tweets with the #5Things hashtag. Don’t roll your eyes! Hashtags can be fun. J

Paulette Waltz (also known as @5THINGSaDAY on Twitter) encourages followers to tweet five things each day they’re grateful for. I think it’s a perfectly lovely idea. It’s so easy to fall into the trap of focusing on what’s not working in your life instead of all the wonderful things you experience every day.

I haven’t posted #5Things every day yet, but I’ve posted a few times.  I challenge you to give it a try too. Today, I’m going to post #5Things I’m grateful for this month – February.

5) a roof over my head and food in the kitchen.

4) my children, especially my son who was born in February. He’s driving me crazy counting down the days until his party!

3) a writing project that’s creeping steadily along. Forward is always better than backward.

2) the love of friends and family. You all mean so much to me.

1) Hmm…this is a hard choice. I think I’ll say ‘coffee’. I’m grateful for coffee. J

How ‘bout you?

No comments:

Post a Comment