Thursday, June 27, 2013

The America I Wish For

I wasn’t sure I would post this. I don’t typically get political on my blog for a reason. I believe in everyone’s right to their own opinion and that it’s not my place to try to change the opinions of others.  That said the Trayvon Martin murder and the Sandy Hook murders have profoundly disturbed me, as a parent and as an American.  I want to write about what I feel today, so bear with me. I’ll be brief.

No one, of any color or creed, should have to fear for their lives while walking down the street, or attending school, minding their own business. No one, especially not a child.  This is the America I wish for. I know it’s a big wish, but here’s hoping for the best, ‘cause that’s what I do.  I know you’re better than this, America. Please don’t prove me wrong. Peace~

No comments:

Post a Comment