Sunday, August 16, 2015

Missing you~

I had a dream last night about a friend I hadn't seen in years. In the dream, he suddenly appeared, bedraggled, maybe even homeless, and I took him in and gave him a place to sleep. Later, I'm dismayed to learn that he's leaving with a random group of other people I know and I haven't got to spend any time with him.

When I awoke, I realized the friend I dreamt about is dead now. I learned third hand that he died of cancer a year ago and I'd never even heard he was sick.

I'm not a superstitious person, but I know I have regrets in my heart. Not being able to say goodbye is hard.

I just want those that I've lost, who are no longer with us, to know~ you live in my dreams ~

1 comment:

  1. I had the same thing happen to me. My heard my first love had died, maybe a year after it happened, when I bumped into an old friend at a wedding. It was a very surreal moment.

    ReplyDelete