Saturday, February 14, 2015

Find your Passion~



Here's a thought for you on this Valentine's Day, which is really just a day like any other, but with more flowers and chocolate~

The older I get, the more I've come to believe that finding your own personal passion in life is the key to happiness. Many young people seem to think fortune and fame are things to strive for, and its true, those things can come from following your passion if you really have a knack for entertaining people, but I'm thinking of something more personal.

What is it that you love? What gets you out of bed in the morning and feeds the fire of your imagination?

Maybe you really love to read. Or putz around in your yard, planting and pruning your flowers. Maybe you're a constant redecorator, always working on your home. You might find you really love to run races or workout, physically challenge yourself. Or maybe it's mental challenges, like games. You might be the world's biggest fangirl. Or have a soft spot for animals. Maybe you're artsy/crafty. Maybe you sew quilts or create other beautiful objects out of ordinary materials. You might dance or sing or play sports. Or you might write stories, like me.

I look at the all people around me, including my internet friends, and I'm always struck by the variety of passions people have. We call these things "hobbies" but I think they're more important than that. They're passions and they are what makes life worth living.

What is your passion? Have you found it yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment